Mental Health & Psychiatric Services
Your peace of mind is important to us.
We provide a variety of in and out patient services designed to help you live as independently as possible. We provide services for all age groups from adolescents to geriatrics. Among the programs offered are:
- • Quick, efficient admission process 24/7
• Patients 15 years and older accepted
• Psychiatrist available on a daily basis
• One-on-one patient counseling
• Treatment team meetings 5 days per week
• Recovery oriented principles
• High staff to client ratio
• Relapse Prevention Team Meetings
• Substance abuse education
• Designated county 302 triage site
• Language translators
• Ask about transportation services
Admissions are confidential and may be made by professionals as well as by individuals concerned about themselves or others. Hospitalization means patient care is provided through multiple professionals who comprise the treatment team. In the safe environment at Geisinger-Bloomsburg Hospital, this team consists of the following individuals:
- • Patient and family
• Board Certified Psychiatrists (MD or DO)
• Nursing staff 24/7
• Licensed therapist
• Activities Director
• Physician’s assistants
• Recreational therapist
• Occupational therapist
• Mental Health Technicians
Mental Health & Psychiatric Services is conveniently located on the 4th floor of the Main Hospital Building.
Our Emergency Room provides comprehensive mental health evaluations 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and we have an Authorized Crisis Evaluation Center to help you or a loved one get needed care.
Walk-ins and referrals are always welcome.
William Rakauskas, M.D. provides psychiatric services at Geisinger-Bloomsburg Hospital.
Call us at (570) 387-2242 with any questions you may have. We would be happy to provide you with more information on our services.
Mental Health & Psychiatric Services is conveniently located on the 4th floor of the Main Hospital Building at:
549 Fair Street
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
To access the 4th floor, please use Elevator C located by the dining room.